Meet Our Team!
At Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley, we are lucky to have a team that is diverse, motivated, and extremely knowledgeable. Every employee at Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley brings a unique perspective to the store & as a team are committed to working hard every day with every customer in an "Above and Beyond" way. We hope you always enjoy your experience in the store, and feel comfortable just stopping in to get to know us better, ask questions, and get engaged in all the activities that occur at the store and in our community.
AARON--Winter Warriors Coach Aaron is a highly-energized and passionate individual who enjoys serving others and spreading the joy of health and wellness. He works as a wellness coordinator and motivational speaker, and incorporates a lot of his running experiences into his message- that anyone can do anything when they have hope. Aaron enjoys being a husband and dad, spending time with people, and volunteering in a number of non-profit organizations.
- Fondest Running Memory: "Running a 50-mile fundraiser with my good friend Katie. It was 85 degrees and there were moments that I was unsure if we would finish. But we endured the heat, took it slow, and overcame the physical and mental barriers keeping us from our goal."
- Favorite event: "IRONMAN Wisconsin was the most memorable racing experience of my life. I got to do this with two great friends, Adam and Katie, where we used the strengths of each other to finish this pinnacle of endurance races. We struggled together, both physically and emotionally, but through that struggle we found strength, courage and hope."
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Running is a conduit for change and growth in your life. Anyone can use their running experiences as a metaphor for hard work, effort, struggle, exhaustion, relationships and endurance. For example, when you run you grow emotionally and physically stronger. Use what you learn from your running experience and translate that into your personal life as you struggle with things like stress, bad relationships and unhealthy choices. It's not about your fastest time you can get, but rather the time you put towards getting better! Never lose sight of that!"
AMY--Marketing Coordinator, FIT Associate, Apparel Buyer Amy enjoys adventures with her husband & two boys. You may find her running, spending time with family and friends, volunteering for a Golden Retriever rescue, or singing along with her kids to music from their favorite band, the Barenaked Ladies.
- Fondest Running Memory: Running a 5K in Toronto in 2010 was a lot of fun! You never know what you will end up doing on a road trip adventure!
- Favorite event: Fox Cities Marathon weekend. A past participant in the 5K, marathon relay, half marathon (& the location of her only marathon!), she also enjoys watching her kids do the kids' races.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Remember to have fun first: When you have fun, everything else falls into place."
ANGELA--FIT Associate Angela is a teacher full-time who enjoys being with family and friends, and loves running with her dog, Frankie. She continues to run half marathons and marathons with her Dad, who inspires her to run everyday. When she is not planning the next big Fleet Feet Sports event, she can found shopping, at the dog park, or coaching at the Miracle League Fox Valley. We enjoy the energy she brings every time she's in the store!
- Fondest Running Memory: Crossing the finish line of her first marathon in front of her parents and friends
- Favorite Event: Turkey Trot with my Dad
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Be calm and run on."
BRIAN--Fun Run/Walk Crew Brian stays busy when he's not running, or part of our Tuesday night Fun Run/Walk Group. He enjoys spending time with his dog Whiskey (a Weimaraner/Lab/Terrier mix), doing yard work, and spending time on the lake fishing (while it's frozen or thawed).
- Fondest Running Memory: 2013 Fox Cities Marathon, my first full. This was a huge personal goal and very emotional because the 2012 Fox Cities was supposed to be my first full.
- Favorite Event: Fox Cities Marathon weekend is up there, but Zumbro has been my most favorite event to date. A 17, 50, or 100-mile trail run in Minnesota (I did the 17).
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere." -Van Wilder.
CHRIS--FIT Associate Chris is a full-time teacher and a part-timer here at Fleet Feet. He picked up running from his dad, who has no cartilage left in his knees, and is now a cyclist instead. When it comes to distance, Chris will do just about any mileage (although he said he is just not really thinking he will run another full marathon!) Chris & his wife both love running, and he loves helping others be able to run too.
- Fondest Running Memory: April Fool's 5K in 2012 (I finished 20th). It's still my personal best 5K time.
- Favorite Event: Community First Fox Cities Half Marathon. "I have run the full and the half, and the event itself is always really well put together. I'm doing it again in 2016!"
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Don't be intimidated. Everyone has to start somewhere."
HEATHER--Training Program Mentor Heather and her Husband Tom love to spend time up north at their cottage and running their two girls around! If she isn't running with her Yellow lab Cabbie or with No Boundaries, she is doing a Triathlons or volunteering for the Fox West Chamber, Fox Cities Chamber, St. Elizabeth Hospital or the Fox West Academy.
- Fondest Running Memory: "Doing my first 1/2 Marathon thinking I would never be able to run one!"
- Favorite Event: Neenah YMCA Triathlon and doing it with my oldest daughter
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Life is what we make it: ENJOY and cherish every moment!"
JAMIE--Training Program Coordinator Jamie enjoys spending her free time coaching swimming for Appleton North High School and the Fox Valley Wave, as well as spending time with her husband, Scott and their daughters Esther and Lorelei.
- Fondest Running Memory: Helping her friend train for and complete the Sole Burner--her first ever 5K.
- Favorite Event: Seroogy's Valentine Run/Walk. Who doesn't love an event where you get chocolate and cheese when you cross the finish line?!
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Enjoy what you are doing. When you find something in life that you are passionate about, that is when you realize true success."
JENNIE--WalkFIT Coach, FIT Associate Jennie enjoys gardening, camping, and hanging out on the shores of Lake Michigan with her family.
- Fondest Running Memory: Jennie's first 5K was in our No Boundaries program: "I will never forget making it to the finish line with the support of the whole group. I accomplished something I never thought myself capable of and it felt good!"
- Favorite Event: 5K
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." -Danny Kaye
JOHN--Fun Run/Walk Crew John enjoys time with his wife Deb, concerts with his daughter Sara and running with his son Matt. Retired since July of 2011, he enjoys the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (where he has been a board member or associate board member since 1991); running (since he is one of the 19 who have completed all 24 Fox Cities marathons with the big 25th coming in 2015); golfing; watching movies; listening to all kinds of music except country; watching the Brewers, Packers, and Badgers; and volunteering at various runs throughout the year.
- Fondest Running Memory: There are actually 3. Completing my first marathon in 1988 at Milwaukee's Lakefront marathon. A finishing goal of 3:30 to 4:00 hours and actually finishing in 3:33 happy and hurting.
In 2011, after being hit hard with my MS in July with fatigue and cognitive issues, I couldn't run a mile. With the Fox Cities Marathon approaching I figured I could run/walk the marathon. Weeks before the marathon I realized that wouldn't happen. Dean Peterson said he could push me in a wheelchair but we might still be out on the course. Deb contacted Leah for suggestions and Leah got us in contact with Christian Jensen and Brian Gruender from My Team Triumph. Christian and Brian took turns pushing me for an amazing adventure.
Finally, in 2012 I was running the Fox Cities Marathon in Kaukauna at mile 10 when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Matt who was running his first marathon. We ran together for about a mile before he took off leaving me in the dust.
- Favorite event: Fox Cities Marathon. Just an amazing, well-put together event.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "You have to have fun when running. Find others to run with and to share the life experiences you encounter."
MARK--FIT Associate When Mark isn’t running, he enjoys spending time with his bride of 35 years, touring the United States on their Honda Goldwing, and playing with his 2-year-old grandson Sullivan.
- Fondest Running Memory: The memory of running that stands out above all others is the hug I received from my daughter Veta Traxler when I finished my first ½ marathon. She had inspired me to take up the sport after my wife (Cindy) and I spectated her first ½ the year before. Crossing that finish line 2 minutes behind her and receiving that hug consumed me with pride in the two of us, joy to have done it together, and the unconditional love between us.
- Favorite Event: My all-time favorite event has got to be the Apple Creek 50K relay of 2015. The conditions for a run that day could not have been worse and I honestly considered staying in bed. It had been raining for the last several days and was still raining with the temperatures in the 30s with no end in sight. The trail was cold and wet with floating bridges and so much mud on the down hills that you had to slide on most of them. Once I succumbed to the idea that I was going to be muddy and wet no matter what I did to prevent it, I realized how much fun I was having. I felt like a 14-year-old playing in the rain. The last time I had fun like that was playing football in the rain at summer camp in 1967.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Keep an open mind, don’t be afraid to start something new, and set yourself up with goals that are out of you comfort zone but achievable. I ran my first race ever at 58 years old with the turkey trot, and at 60 I set and completed a goal of running 6 Marathons in 12 months. My next bucket list sport is Triathlons and am open to any advice I can get."
MATT--Fun Run/Walk Crew Matt enjoys hanging out with his friends and family, and doing races with his running family. Outside of running, Matt enjoys playing other sports and going to sporting events, and watching live music.
- Fondest Running Memory: Completing my first half marathon in Green Bay after I thought I would never run longer than a 5k. Then following that up with eventually doing my first marathon at Fox Cities Marathon
- Favorite event: Fox Cities Marathon. This is our big hometown event and I love participating in it. The community involvement is huge and it is a great race to run. Tons of crowd support.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Go out and have fun while running. Setting PRs are great but the most important thing is to enjoy yourself."
MELISSA B.--Merchandiser, FIT Associate Melissa is married and a mom of 3 kids, 2 in high school and 1 in middle school. She works part time at FISC a program of Goodwill. She loves to run, lift weights, and go to hot yoga. Fitness and health have become a passion over the last couple of years. Melissa and her husband enjoy golfing (and watching golf), attending any live sporting events, going to concerts (even with their daughters, yes she has been to Justin Bieber and One Direction concerts), going to local restaurants (she loves trying anything new that opens), and just spending time with as a family.
- Fondest Running Memory: Finishing my last race of 2014. I had a goal of running a 5k each month in honor of turning 40, in December 2014 I completed my goal and I PR’d my final 5K.. However the greatest feeling was that I completed total of 18 events that year! Ran 8 5ks, walked 3 5ks, Warrior Dash (5K) 1 5 mile event, 3 10Ks which included the final leg of a relay team for the Fox Cities Marathon, a 15K, and completed my first Half marathon! It was an incredible year! Prior to 2014 I had only run occasionally and no more than a 5k, I became a “runner” in 2014.
- Favorite event: Bellin Run, I love the route and all the energy from start to finish! I ran my first Bellin in 2014 and was able to attend a luncheon the day prior with key speaker Meb Keflezighi (which I got to meet and have my picture taken with him).
- Piece of advice/Tip for everyone: "It isn’t about how fast you can run or how far you can run, it is about putting one foot in front of the other and being a healthy you!"
MELISSA H.--FIT Associate Outside of work Melissa spends most of her time with her 4 kids! Her family is very active and they love all sorts of sports and activities. She also loves working out at the gym and running. Melissa earned her degree in School Counseling in 2015.
- Fondest Running Memory: She ran her first half marathon in Oshkosh in 2014 with a finishing time 10 minutes faster than her goal. "Pretty sure this was the first time I cried after a race..."
- Favorite event: The Noodleini has provided a series milestones for Melissa--she ran her first Noodleini 15K in 2012, her longest race at the time. 2013 Noodleini 15K was 3-mo post-baby #4 & faster than the previous year. The 2014 Noodleini 15K was 7 minutes faster than the previous year. Who knows what 2015 will bring!
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "Listen to your body and cross train. Your body will tell you when you need to rest or take a break, when you need to get out and get going, or when you might need newer shoes. Cross training is very important for overall health and strength."
NATHAN--Training & Sales Performance Manager: Nate is an enthusiastic member of the Fleet Feet team and enjoys working with guests and supporting them in meeting their fitness goals. In his time away from the store, Nate enjoys spending time with his wife Lucy, and his family and friends.
- Fondest Running Memory: In June of 2015, I finished the Toughman Wisconsin triathlon at High Cliff. Completing that race was the first time I felt I could do what ever I set my mind to. That race, in particular, was the one that opened the doors for triathlon, a sport that I've grown in and become passionate about.
- Favorite event: Ironman Wisconsin is an incredible event. I've completed the race once, and have been a spectator for a number of years. The race boasts crowds of nearly 75,000 in Madison. The athletes and crowds create a very inspiring, supportive environment for all involved.
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "The most important thing I hope people understand about their fitness journey is it's just that... Their own journey. It's about actively pursuing that which will give the world the best version of yourself, and that may look completely different for everyone. Stay positive, and get after it!"
RUTH--FIT Associate, Inventory Manager: When Ruth is not running or working at the store, she is a mom to three sons and one daughter-in-law. She and her husband Tom will soon be empty-nesters and are looking forward to staying active with more running and biking events. They hope to accomplish a duathlon within the next year. She also stays busy with her Golden Retriever, Louis. Her other activities include baking, gardening and hanging out with her friends. She started her running journey with our Make-It-A-Mile program and still continues with our No Boundaries programs. There is no stopping her now as she has completed three half marathons already. Perhaps a marathon is in her future?
- Fondest Running Memory: Finishing my first 5K with my No Boundaries Group. It was so exciting to complete that race with the friends that I made during the 10 weeks of training. And we have been running together ever since.
- Favorite event: Cellcom Half Marathon
- Piece of advice/tip for everyone: "You have to start somewhere, get out there and do it. You are never too old or too slow. It is your journey in this world so just embrace it."
TRICIA--Lead No Boundaries Coach Tricia loves to ride her Harley or relax on the patio with her husband Joe and their Boxer-mix Daisy. Too bad there aren't 11 months of summer and one month of fall! She is the proud young grandma to 'Belle and loves taking her on 'adventures'. Thank goodness she's young since it is exhausting keeping up with her!
- Fondest Running Memory: Watching the emotional faces of the No Boundaries graduates of our programs as they cross the finish line (Lucky for Tricia AND for us she gets to do this time and again!).
- Favorite Event: Rock N' Roll Chicago 1/2 Marathon
- Advice: "Gradually increase your distance and/or speed. The worst thing you can do is get too excited to be 'fast' and risk injury. Start with a 5K, then try a 10K, maybe a 15K, or half-marathon!"
WENDI--FIT Associate Wendi has four amazing children and a great husband! Her kids keep her very busy. She also enjoys reading.
- Fondest Running Memory: Turkey Trot. It was the first race I'd ever done after having my kids and years of not doing anything. I never though I'd be able to finish it or run as much of it as I did. And it's a great way to start an already great day of Thanksgiving!
- Favorite Event: Tough Mudder. I had to overcome some of my fears (water!) with many of the obstacles, and loved feeling fit and strong enough to finish it and complete every obstacle (it's all about the teamwork!).
- Advice: "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."
Want to join our ever-expanding team as a Fleet Feet Ambassador? Find out how!
Employment at the Fox Valley's Premier Running & Walking Specialty Store
Fleet Feet Sports Fox Valley is currently seeking full and part time selling associates. Our team members are our most valuable asset. We are looking for energetic people who live an active lifestyle and want to help others achieve their FITness goals. We go to great lengths to look for amazing people that are willing to put others first and are motivated to continually learn how to better serve our customers. We are in need of motivated people to join us, grow with us, and stay with us, and to help us uphold our reputation as the leader in providing unparalleled customer service.
Fleet Feet Sports is a fun and rewarding place to work for people that have a passion for quality service and providing an exceptional customer experience. We want good people to join us, stay with us and grow with us. Fleet Feet Sports is a fast paced, energized environment specializing in running, walking, and fitness shoes, apparel, and accessories. We offer an extensive training program on our FIT process, as well as competitive compensation and benefits.
If you can work some evenings ('til 8:00pm) and weekends, send your resume email@example.com or give us a call at (920) 830-7867.